Belsey's book is a positive pleasure to read. A Future for Criticism offers an original approach to the pleasures of fiction, and puts forward an explanation for the neglect of these pleasures in contemporary criticism. Theorist and critic Catherine Belsey argues that current literary commentary singles out thematic issues at the expense of the true motives for reading and theatre-going.
As a playful form in which anything can be said, fiction offers, she proposes, exceptionally subtle access to thought-worlds, both past and present. At the same time, it is capable of delivering challenges to the limits of orthodox thinking.
- The Future of Theory.
- The Wild Side of Photography: Unconventional and Creative Techniques for the Courageous Photographer;
- Construction Ecology: Nature as a Basis for Green Buildings?
- About This Item;
- Advanced Techniques in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing).
Fiction, this engaging manifesto contends, enlists desire. Outlining in a clear, readable style a path that makes a decisive break from outmoded values, Belsey offers a personal prescription for a more open future critical practice, less constrained by conventional pieties and expectations. Widely illustrated with examples throughout the text, this lively and accessible account leads the way to a broad and inclusive cultural criticism.
A Future for Criticism considers why fiction gives so much pleasure, and the neglect of this issue in contemporary criticism. Read more Read less.
- Project MUSE - Manifesting Globalism.
- A Primer on Ugaritic: Language, Culture and Literature?
- Future of Environmental Criticism - yvufohoj.cf?
- After the Woods!
- Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook For Dummies.
Review "The unbuttoned directness of this little book is invigorating. See all Product description.
ISBN 13: 9780631230120
Levander Author Klemm Author William Schweiker Author The Global Future of English English Author Philosophy and the Study of Schwarz Author Why Politics Can't Be Freed Why Victorian Literature Ford Author What Cinema Is! The Future of Environmental Smith Author Series Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos.
- Glencoe Chemistry Solving Problems: A Chemistry Handbook (Matter and Change);
- Housing Policy Reforms in Post Socialist Europe: Lost in Transition!
- Ultrafast Optics V.
- You may also be interested in....
- Treaty : Let’s get it right!.?
- A Future for Criticism - Blackwell Manifestos.
Required Cookies These cookies allow you to explore OverDrive services and use our core features. Performance and reliability cookies These cookies allow us to monitor OverDrive's performance and reliability.
Related The Future of Theory (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved